Though after coming to the fresh operating system, the key reason behind most of the printer problems is either settings or driver. In many cases, you need to explore and install genuine driver matching to the model number of the printer, but in this situation, where you face the trouble from displaying the error message Printer is offline in Windows 10 the culprit is settings. You need to change the settings of the printer through Devices and printers to fix.
How to Fix HP Printer is Offline in Windows 10
• Write control panel in the search part at the foot of the Cortana pop up and hit/tap Control Panel (Desktop app) at the zenith.
• Control Panel unwinds on the screen. Try to find Devices and Printers link and click/tap on this.
• Devices and Printers window emerges. Implement a right-click on the printer you are running on your system and opt for See what’s printing in the context menu.
• A driver window for running printer comes to sight on the screen. Click Printer at the uppermost right corner. A drop-down menu unfolds. See whether the option Pause printing is ticked. If yes then untick this by clicking on it.
• If you like to remove pause from the particular document right click on the document in your printer driver window and opt for Pause.
• Now take a printout.
In this case, the whole printing operation is paused. Hence, you are unable to take a printout. As soon as you remove the Pause it accomplishes appreciably and you do not see the error message Printer is offline in Windows 10 anymore.
Restore Printers Driver
Step 1 – Press Windows key and write device manager, click the same that appears as the Best match.
Step 2 – Find Printers category in the Device Manager and double-click on it.
Step 3 – Now, your HP printer name will be seen. Do a right-click on it and from the list of few options, select Uninstall.
Step 4 – On the confirmation box, select the OK button.
Step 5 – After the uninstallation, you will not find the Printer category in the Device Manager. So, to bring back the Printers category, click the icon Scan for hardware changes on the menu bar.
Step 6 – Now, after refreshing Device Manager, the Printers category will be back.