How to solve Microsoft Outlook Search Function Not Working?
This is a problem because it will give you the “No results found” answer even if your email is in the folder. The error comes without any prior warning so you won’t be able to detect or prevent it. This can be a huge problem especially for people with a lot of emails because it would take a lot of time for them to go through all the emails.
The exact reason of this error is still unknown though but there are a couple of things that might cause this problem like corrupt or incomplete spotlight indexing, one of the parent folders being in privacy tab, Outlook profile folder being stored at a wrong place and several others. Since it can happen because of a lot of things, there are multiple methods that you can try to solve this.
So, go through each method listed below and check whether the problem is solved after following each method.
• If you recently added a new account or a new profile or imported new data into the Outlook then it might simply be a matter of time. It takes some time to add newly imported data to Spotlight index. So wait until the indexing is complete and then try again.
• Make sure that you have all the latest updates of office. The issue is usually solved by updating your Microsoft Office as well. To update, just simply open Microsoft Outlook, select Help and then select Check for updates. It will check and automatically install the updates.
• Sometimes the problem might be caused by the Outlook Profile folder being stored at the wrong place. There is a default location where these folders are supposed to be stored. So, checking these places is a good way to check whether the problem is because of wrong destination. This is the default location /Users//Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles.
• Make sure that there aren’t any special characters in your Outlook Profile’s name because that can create a lot of problems. If there are then go to method 1 to delete and recreate your Outlook Profile.
• However, if you don’t want to delete and recreate your profile, you can go to this location /Users//Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/ and rename your Profile folder without the special characters as well. Don’t forget to replace “” with your mac username.
When your index has finished rebuilding, you can go ahead and restart your M